Types of Research
- (-) Remove 2010 filter 2010
- (-) Remove Environment & Climate Change filter Environment & Climate Change
- (-) Remove Global & Regional Public Goods filter Global & Regional Public Goods
- (-) Remove 2011 filter 2011
- (-) Remove Market & Value Chain Analysis filter Market & Value Chain Analysis
- (-) Remove 2019 filter 2019
- (-) Remove Finance & Investment filter Finance & Investment
- (-) Remove Countries/Governments filter Countries/Governments
- (-) Remove Agricultural Inputs & Farm Management filter Agricultural Inputs & Farm Management
- (-) Remove 2013 filter 2013
- (-) Remove 2015 filter 2015
- (-) Remove Research & Development filter Research & Development
This research brief synthesizes evidence on the effects of policy incentives on agricultural productivity. The evidence discussed is primarily drawn from documents provided to EPAR by the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation. We review the role of policy and institutions in the Asian Green Revolution, a detailed case study on how policy changes have removed smallholder productivity constraints and contributed to growth, and the theory on the connection of policy incentives to productivity growth.
This research brief reports on full time equivalent (fte) positions devoted to research and development of major food and cash crops in Sub-Saharan Africa (SSA). Data on fte by country and crop were collected from individual Agricultural Science and Technology Indicator (ASTI) country briefs. ASTI data are obtained from unpublished surveys conducted by CGIAR centers. Our report includes 23 countries in SSA.