Types of Research
- (-) Remove Countries/Governments filter Countries/Governments
- (-) Remove 2011 filter 2011
- (-) Remove 2010 filter 2010
- (-) Remove Market & Value Chain Analysis filter Market & Value Chain Analysis
- (-) Remove South Asia Region and Selected Countries filter South Asia Region and Selected Countries
This research brief synthesizes evidence on the effects of policy incentives on agricultural productivity. The evidence discussed is primarily drawn from documents provided to EPAR by the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation. We review the role of policy and institutions in the Asian Green Revolution, a detailed case study on how policy changes have removed smallholder productivity constraints and contributed to growth, and the theory on the connection of policy incentives to productivity growth.