Types of Research
- (-) Remove 2010 filter 2010
- (-) Remove Research & Development filter Research & Development
- (-) Remove Research Brief filter Research Brief
- (-) Remove Global & Regional Public Goods filter Global & Regional Public Goods
- (-) Remove 2012 filter 2012
- (-) Remove Market & Value Chain Analysis filter Market & Value Chain Analysis
- (-) Remove Countries/Governments filter Countries/Governments
- (-) Remove 2011 filter 2011
- (-) Remove South Asia Region and Selected Countries filter South Asia Region and Selected Countries
- (-) Remove Sub-Saharan Africa filter Sub-Saharan Africa
This research brief synthesizes evidence on the effects of policy incentives on agricultural productivity. The evidence discussed is primarily drawn from documents provided to EPAR by the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation. We review the role of policy and institutions in the Asian Green Revolution, a detailed case study on how policy changes have removed smallholder productivity constraints and contributed to growth, and the theory on the connection of policy incentives to productivity growth.
This research brief reports on full time equivalent (fte) positions devoted to research and development of major food and cash crops in Sub-Saharan Africa (SSA). Data on fte by country and crop were collected from individual Agricultural Science and Technology Indicator (ASTI) country briefs. ASTI data are obtained from unpublished surveys conducted by CGIAR centers. Our report includes 23 countries in SSA.