Types of Research
- (-) Remove 2010 filter 2010
- (-) Remove Research Brief filter Research Brief
- (-) Remove Technology filter Technology
- (-) Remove Research & Development filter Research & Development
- (-) Remove Monitoring & Evaluation filter Monitoring & Evaluation
- (-) Remove Sub-Saharan Africa filter Sub-Saharan Africa
- (-) Remove 2015 filter 2015
- (-) Remove 2011 filter 2011
- (-) Remove Risk, Preferences, & Decision-Making filter Risk, Preferences, & Decision-Making
This brief presents selected material from the Fourth African Agricultural Markets Program (AAMP) policy symposium, Agricultural Risks Management in Africa: Taking Stock of What Has and Hasn’t Worked, organized by the Alliance for Commodity Trade in Eastern and Southern Africa and the Common Market for Eastern and Southern Africa that took place in Lilongwe, Malawi, September 6-10, 2010. We draw almost exclusively from Rashid and Jayne’s summary, “Risk Management in African Agriculture: A review of experiences.” This article summarizes across the background papers, with major findings grouped into three broad categories: cross cutting, government-led policies, and modern instruments.
This research brief reports on full time equivalent (fte) positions devoted to research and development of major food and cash crops in Sub-Saharan Africa (SSA). Data on fte by country and crop were collected from individual Agricultural Science and Technology Indicator (ASTI) country briefs. ASTI data are obtained from unpublished surveys conducted by CGIAR centers. Our report includes 23 countries in SSA.