Types of Research
- (-) Remove Labor & Time Use filter Labor & Time Use
- (-) Remove Smallholder Farmers filter Smallholder Farmers
- (-) Remove Research Brief filter Research Brief
- (-) Remove Aid & Other Development Finance filter Aid & Other Development Finance
- (-) Remove Technology filter Technology
- (-) Remove Market & Value Chain Analysis filter Market & Value Chain Analysis
Consumer attitudes are a key component in private sector market segmentation. Knowledge about consumers’ tastes can lead to better product design and more effective communication with target markets. Similarly, evidence suggests that farmers’ attitudes influence whether they adopt productivity-increasing technologies. Using consumer insights from the private sector, agricultural intervention programs can use market research, product development, and communication strategies to better understand farmers as consumers and best target interventions. This brief provides an overview of how farmers' attitudes affect their willingness to adopt new technology, and how knowledge of farmer attitudes can improve program design and implementation.
Presentation slides summarizing agriculture growth and development information sourced from the World Development Report and two academic papers provided by the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation. Slides convey information in a non-academic format. Slides are organized into: agricultural pro-poor growth, agriculture as an engine for development, who benefits from agriculture, and the effects and policy impacts of the Green Revolution.