Types of Research
- (-) Remove Research Brief filter Research Brief
- (-) Remove Countries/Governments filter Countries/Governments
- (-) Remove Aid & Other Development Finance filter Aid & Other Development Finance
- (-) Remove Food Security & Nutrition filter Food Security & Nutrition
- (-) Remove Poverty filter Poverty
In this brief, we report on measures of economic growth, poverty and agricultural activity in Ethiopia. For each category of measure, we first describe different measurement approaches and present available time series data on selected indicators. We then use data from the sources listed below to discuss associations within and between these categories between 1994 and 2017.
On July 10, 2009 at the Italy G8 summit, attendees issued a joint statement pledging to contribute $20 billion towards agricultural development and food security in the developing world over the next three years. This research brief notes the status of the contributions made to the L’Aquila Food Security Initiative and whether any of the $20 billion will be allocated to agricultural research. We conclude that no declarations have been made as of September 2009 on how much of the $20 billion will be allocated to agricultural research, and which types of research will be funded by the initiative.