Types of Research
- (-) Remove Political Economy & Governance filter Political Economy & Governance
- (-) Remove Labor & Time Use filter Labor & Time Use
- (-) Remove Agricultural Productivity, Yield, & Constraints filter Agricultural Productivity, Yield, & Constraints
- (-) Remove Countries/Governments filter Countries/Governments
- (-) Remove 2011 filter 2011
This research brief synthesizes evidence on the effects of policy incentives on agricultural productivity. The evidence discussed is primarily drawn from documents provided to EPAR by the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation. We review the role of policy and institutions in the Asian Green Revolution, a detailed case study on how policy changes have removed smallholder productivity constraints and contributed to growth, and the theory on the connection of policy incentives to productivity growth.