Types of Research
- (-) Remove Research Brief filter Research Brief
- (-) Remove 2009 filter 2009
- (-) Remove Food Security & Nutrition filter Food Security & Nutrition
- (-) Remove Countries/Governments filter Countries/Governments
- (-) Remove Market & Value Chain Analysis filter Market & Value Chain Analysis
On July 10, 2009 at the Italy G8 summit, attendees issued a joint statement pledging to contribute $20 billion towards agricultural development and food security in the developing world over the next three years. This research brief notes the status of the contributions made to the L’Aquila Food Security Initiative and whether any of the $20 billion will be allocated to agricultural research. We conclude that no declarations have been made as of September 2009 on how much of the $20 billion will be allocated to agricultural research, and which types of research will be funded by the initiative.