Types of Research
- (-) Remove Farmer First filter Farmer First
- (-) Remove Technology filter Technology
- (-) Remove Research Brief filter Research Brief
- (-) Remove Technology Adoption filter Technology Adoption
- (-) Remove Sustainable Agriculture & Rural Livelihoods filter Sustainable Agriculture & Rural Livelihoods
- (-) Remove Agricultural Inputs & Farm Management filter Agricultural Inputs & Farm Management
Consumer attitudes are a key component in private sector market segmentation. Knowledge about consumers’ tastes can lead to better product design and more effective communication with target markets. Similarly, evidence suggests that farmers’ attitudes influence whether they adopt productivity-increasing technologies. Using consumer insights from the private sector, agricultural intervention programs can use market research, product development, and communication strategies to better understand farmers as consumers and best target interventions. This brief provides an overview of how farmers' attitudes affect their willingness to adopt new technology, and how knowledge of farmer attitudes can improve program design and implementation.