Types of Research
- (-) Remove Technology filter Technology
- (-) Remove Political Economy & Governance filter Political Economy & Governance
- (-) Remove Farmer First filter Farmer First
- (-) Remove Smallholder Farmers filter Smallholder Farmers
- (-) Remove Monitoring & Evaluation filter Monitoring & Evaluation
Consumer attitudes are a key component in private sector market segmentation. Knowledge about consumers’ tastes can lead to better product design and more effective communication with target markets. Similarly, evidence suggests that farmers’ attitudes influence whether they adopt productivity-increasing technologies. Using consumer insights from the private sector, agricultural intervention programs can use market research, product development, and communication strategies to better understand farmers as consumers and best target interventions. This brief provides an overview of how farmers' attitudes affect their willingness to adopt new technology, and how knowledge of farmer attitudes can improve program design and implementation.