Types of Research
- (-) Remove Environment & Climate Change filter Environment & Climate Change
- (-) Remove Risk, Preferences, & Decision-Making filter Risk, Preferences, & Decision-Making
- (-) Remove Aid & Other Development Finance filter Aid & Other Development Finance
- (-) Remove Global & Regional Public Goods filter Global & Regional Public Goods
- (-) Remove 2011 filter 2011
- (-) Remove West Africa Region and Selected Countries filter West Africa Region and Selected Countries
This brief presents selected material from the Fourth African Agricultural Markets Program (AAMP) policy symposium, Agricultural Risks Management in Africa: Taking Stock of What Has and Hasn’t Worked, organized by the Alliance for Commodity Trade in Eastern and Southern Africa and the Common Market for Eastern and Southern Africa that took place in Lilongwe, Malawi, September 6-10, 2010. We draw almost exclusively from Rashid and Jayne’s summary, “Risk Management in African Agriculture: A review of experiences.” This article summarizes across the background papers, with major findings grouped into three broad categories: cross cutting, government-led policies, and modern instruments.