Types of Research
- (-) Remove Aid & Other Development Finance filter Aid & Other Development Finance
- (-) Remove Sustainable Agriculture & Rural Livelihoods filter Sustainable Agriculture & Rural Livelihoods
- (-) Remove Farmer First filter Farmer First
- (-) Remove Smallholder Farmers filter Smallholder Farmers
- (-) Remove 2011 filter 2011
- (-) Remove East Africa Region and Selected Countries filter East Africa Region and Selected Countries
This brief explores agricultural data for Tanzania from the LSMS-ISA and Farmer First household surveys. We first present the differences in the LSMS and Farmer First survey design and in basic descriptives from the two data sources. We then present the results of our initial LSMS data analysis using the 2008/2009 wave of the Tanzania National Panel Survey (TZNPS), focusing on the agricultural data, before presenting our analysis of farmer aspirations and of gender differences using the Farmer First data.