Types of Research
- (-) Remove Rural Populations filter Rural Populations
- (-) Remove Agricultural Productivity, Yield, & Constraints filter Agricultural Productivity, Yield, & Constraints
- (-) Remove Political Economy & Governance filter Political Economy & Governance
- (-) Remove Global & Regional Public Goods filter Global & Regional Public Goods
- (-) Remove Global filter Global
- (-) Remove Southern Africa Region and Selected Countries filter Southern Africa Region and Selected Countries
While literature on achieving Inclusive Agricultural Transformation (IAT) through input market policies is relatively robust, literature on the effect of output market policies on IAT is rarer. We conduct a selective literature review of output market policies in low- and middle-income countries to assess their influence on IAT and find that outcomes are mixed across all policy areas. We also review indicators used to measure successful IAT, typologies of market institutions involved in IAT, and agricultural policies and maize yield trends in East Africa. This report details our findings on these connected, yet somewhat disparate elements of IAT to shed more light on a topic that has not been the primary focus of the literature thus far.