Types of Research
- (-) Remove Technology filter Technology
- (-) Remove 2014 filter 2014
- (-) Remove Global filter Global
- (-) Remove Aid & Other Development Finance filter Aid & Other Development Finance
- (-) Remove Global & Regional Public Goods filter Global & Regional Public Goods
This report summarizes current trends in the application of Development Finance Institution (DFI)-based returnable capital finance in developing countries, with an emphasis on “pro-poor” development initiatives. We begin by reviewing the financial instruments used by DFIs. We then review the major DFI providers of returnable-capital based finance, drawing on past and present peer-reviewed articles and published reports exploring trends in the uses of different returnable capital instruments over time. Finally, we conclude by further examining recent efforts to use returnable capital to finance development initiatives explicitly targeting the poor.