Types of Research
- (-) Remove Aid & Other Development Finance filter Aid & Other Development Finance
- (-) Remove Household Well-Being & Equity filter Household Well-Being & Equity
- (-) Remove Labor & Time Use filter Labor & Time Use
- (-) Remove Global filter Global
- (-) Remove Global & Regional Public Goods filter Global & Regional Public Goods
- (-) Remove 2014 filter 2014
This report summarizes current trends in the application of Development Finance Institution (DFI)-based returnable capital finance in developing countries, with an emphasis on “pro-poor” development initiatives. We begin by reviewing the financial instruments used by DFIs. We then review the major DFI providers of returnable-capital based finance, drawing on past and present peer-reviewed articles and published reports exploring trends in the uses of different returnable capital instruments over time. Finally, we conclude by further examining recent efforts to use returnable capital to finance development initiatives explicitly targeting the poor.