Types of Research
- (-) Remove Aid & Other Development Finance filter Aid & Other Development Finance
- (-) Remove Monitoring & Evaluation filter Monitoring & Evaluation
- (-) Remove Other Datasets filter Other Datasets
- (-) Remove Poverty filter Poverty
- (-) Remove Farmer First filter Farmer First
- (-) Remove Research Brief filter Research Brief
- (-) Remove Technology filter Technology
In this brief, we report on measures of economic growth, poverty and agricultural activity in Ethiopia. For each category of measure, we first describe different measurement approaches and present available time series data on selected indicators. We then use data from the sources listed below to discuss associations within and between these categories between 1994 and 2017.
Consumer attitudes are a key component in private sector market segmentation. Knowledge about consumers’ tastes can lead to better product design and more effective communication with target markets. Similarly, evidence suggests that farmers’ attitudes influence whether they adopt productivity-increasing technologies. Using consumer insights from the private sector, agricultural intervention programs can use market research, product development, and communication strategies to better understand farmers as consumers and best target interventions. This brief provides an overview of how farmers' attitudes affect their willingness to adopt new technology, and how knowledge of farmer attitudes can improve program design and implementation.